Some things go together just right, like free checking and a high interest rate. With this free, high-interest checking account, you can earn 1.31% APY* and get ATM fee refunds* each month — not just here in Macon County, but nationwide. This account has no monthly service fee or minimum balance requirements to earn rewards. Simply meet the easy qualifications and start reaping the rewards!
Free checking. 1.31% APY.* You can't beat that combination.
- 1.31% APY* on balances up to $25,000
- 1.31% to 0.46% APY on balances over $25,000 depending on balance in account*
- 0.05% APY* base rate if qualifications aren't met
- Unlimited ATM fee refunds nationwide*
- No minimum balance to earn rewards
- No monthly service fee
- Unlimited check writing
- Free On-line Banking with Bill Pay
- Free e-Statements
- Free VISA® Debit Card
- FDIC insured
- $50 minimum deposit to open
Earning the Reward Rate and ATM fee refunds is easy. To earn these rewards, simply do the following during the monthly qualification cycle:
- Have at least 15 debit card purchases post and settle
- Be enrolled and receive e-Statement notice
- Have at least 1 direct deposit or automatic payment (ACH) post and settle
- Be enrolled and log into online banking
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APYs accurate as of 06/25/2013. Rates may change after account is opened. Minimum to open is $50. If qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle: (1) Domestic ATM fees incurred during qualification cycle will be reimbursed and credited to account on the last day of monthly statement cycle; (2) balances up to $25,000 receive APY of 1.31%; and (3) balances over $25,000 earn 0.25% interest rate on portion of balance over $25,000, resulting in a range of 1.31% to 0.46% APY depending on the balance. If qualifications are not met, all balances earn 0.05% APY. Qualifying transactions must post to and settle account during monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date transaction was made to post to and settle an account. ATM-processed transactions do not count towards qualifying check card transactions. "Monthly Qualification Cycle" means a period beginning one day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one day prior to the close of the current statement cycle. Transfers between accounts do not count as qualifying transactions. ATM receipt must be presented for reimbursement of an individual ATM fee of $5.00 or higher. Fees may reduce earnings.