Online Banking Safety
Congratulations! You are one of the thousands who enjoy the convenience of online banking. It's an easy and efficient way to manages your finances. Did you know by checking your balance and account details online, you are decreasing your chances of identity fraud? Following are some simple steps to further safeguard your online transactions.
1. Maintain a strong password. At Macon-Atlanta State Bank, we require that your online banking password contain 6-8 alpha/numeric characters. Remember, Macon-Atlanta State Bank will never ask for your account login information via e-mail or phone.
2. Bookmark Macon-Atlanta State Bank's correct web address, https://www.mabank.com. Use this to login to our site each time. Never use links in e-mails to login to financial Web sites.
3. Download updates for antivirus and other software. By regularly doing this, your computer and network will be better protected from computer viruses and hackers.
4. Verify the security of the web page. Check to make sure the URL begins with "https."
You can feel confident knowing that Macon-Atlanta State Bank safeguards your Internet transactions with the most up-to-date security features available, including:
- Multifactor Authentication – If we don't recognize your computer, you will be prompted to answer security questions.
- Password-protected – Macon-Atlanta State Bank requires a user ID and a password when you log on to HomeBanker. This prevents others from accessing your information.
- Firewalls – Blocking techniques used to stop outsiders from hacking into our system.
- Internal Training – Our employees are held to strict standards to protect your private information.